When Did it Happen?
Upgrading CourseWeb requires a significant downtime window to complete. The upgrade was scheduled to begin after final grades were posted to the PeopleSoft system on Wednesday, April 30. Completion was targeted and achieved for the start of business on Monday, May 5.
CSSD and CIDDE personnel installed several significant updates to the CourseWeb learning management system:
- Simplified navigation to course materials
- A unified, easy to maintain event calendar
- Improved course discussion and messaging tools
- Streamlined grading for online assignments, blogs, discussions, journals, and wikis
- Improved editing tools
- New online test and survey options, including test question analysis
- Improved groups management, so you can see at a glance which students are assigned to what groups, and which students need to be assigned to groups
- A new retention center, designed to identify students at risk
For details, please see the appropriate knowledge base article:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Upgrade
The core functions of CourseWeb have not changed significantly. A lot of new features have been added to make CourseWeb more useful, including inline grading, post-first discussion boards, and a drag-and-drop calendar.
We’ve developed extensive, expert knowledge bases for faculty and students. Please visit the appropriate knowledge base and give it a try by keying in a search term that’s CourseWeb related, and let us know what you think! If you are an instructor, or support instructors who use CourseWeb, you are encouraged to sign up for and attend one of the many workshops we plan to offer this summer and fall that include the new features.
What’s New in CourseWeb Workshops
To learn more, please visit our workshop schedule, including pilot groups for the new CourseWeb environment.