Adding a Tool Link
You can easily add a link to a communication or collaboration tool, multimedia content or third-party tools into any Content Area in your course.
- In any Content Area, mouse over the Tools button on the Action Bar.
- Select the Tool you’d like to link to.
- If you don’t see the Tool you’d like to link to, click on More Tools to expand the menu.
- Depending on the Tool, the next steps will differ.
- For Pearson, Wiley, Cengage or McGraw-Hill tools, please see the Publisher Content topic.
- For Panopto, please see Adding a Panopto Video Link to Your Blackboard Course.
- For Wikis, Discussion Boards, Blogs and Journals, see below.
Links to Wikis, Discussion Boards, Blogs and Journals
Since any course can have multiple instances of any of these tools, adding a link to the specific instance you’d like students to use at any given point in the course can cut down on confusion. For instance, if an instructor has set up one Wiki for student-created definitions of terms that she’d like students to build during Week 1 of her course, and another Wiki for finding and evaluating local resources for field research that she’d like students to build and edit beginning in Week 3 of her course, she can place a link to the first Wiki in her Week 1 Content Area, and a link to the second Wiki in her Week 3 Content Area.
- After selecting the Tool as outlined above, you will enter the Create Link page. This page appears and functions similarly for creating a link to a Discussion Board, Blog, Journal or Wiki.
- If you want to create a link to the page that lists all of the course Wikis, Discussion Boards, Blogs or Journals, select the Link to the _____ Page radio button .
- If you want to create a link to a specific Wiki, Discussion Board, Blog or Journal, select the Link to a ____ button and then select from the menu which one you’d like to link to.
- If you’d like to create a new Wiki, Discussion Board, Blog or Journal, you can click the button that says Create New and that will take you through the process.
- After you create a link to either the Tool Page or a specific Wiki, Discussion Board, Blog or Journal, click Next.
- Review the availability and date restriction options, then click Submit.