- Date Management
- Watch a Tutorial
- Use Course Start Date
- Adjust by Number of Days
- List All Dates for Review
- Date Management Review Page
- Items Supported by Date Management
- Publisher Content
Use the date management tool to easily adjust all content and tool dates in your course. Accessed on the Control Panel in the Course Tools section, you can choose to adjust dates automatically or individually from one convenient location.
The first step of date management is to decide if you want the system to automatically adjust the previous or current course item dates to new dates.
- If you select Use Course Start Date, you will be prompted for two dates. Enter the original first day of class for the Current Start Date and the new first day of class for the New date. The difference between the Current Start Date and the New date provides the system with the information it requires to calculate the number of days to adjust your course dates by.
- Alternatively, you can use Adjust by Number of Days to adjust your course dates by a number that you select.
- You can also review all dates and adjust them with the List All Dates for Review option.
Dates in text fields, such as menu items and item descriptions, need to be changed manually. After you have used Date Management, check your course content for any dates that need to be changed.
Watch a Tutorial
Use Course Start Date
Use this option when adjusting for new terms.
This option adjusts content and tool dates by calculating the difference between the original course start date and the new course date. Enter the current (original) course start date and the the new course start date. The difference between the current and new dates provides the system with the offset days. All date fields (i.e., availability dates, due dates) on copied course content are shifted by the offset days.
Example: If a due date was 10 days after the current start date, the offset days would move the due date to be 10 days after the “new” start date.
Adjust by Number of Days
Use this option when you know exactly how many days you want to adjust dates by.
Type the number of days you want to adjust all dates in the course by. This is based on the dates that are currently set for each item in the course, not today’s date.
Example: On June 1 you adjust dates by 30 days. The assignment that was set to be due September 1 is now due October 1.
Negative numbers move the dates back. Positive numbers move the dates forward.
List All Dates for Review
Use this when you want to review dates before making further adjustments to them.
Select this option to display a list of all content and tools with dates in the course on the Date Management Review page. Use this option to review all of the dates and analyze them for adjustment.
Date Management Review Page
This page displays all content and tools with dates set in the course. Review all dates and adjust accordingly.
- Return to the first page and choose to adjust dates automatically. The first page also shows an inline receipt indicating when date management was last run.
- Refresh the current page to account for any changes that were made to the course since date management was last run.
- Filter your review by item type, such as assignment or test.
- Filter your review by date type, such as due date.
- Select one, multiple, or all items in the list to batch adjust dates. Adjusting dates allows users to indicate by how many days the selected item dates should be moved by. A negative number moves the dates back.
- Click to sort the list by item name.
- Review and adjust the due date for item. Click to sort the list by due date.
- Review when items are made available. Click to sort the list by item availability start and end dates.
- Review the adaptive release dates for items. Click to sort the list by adaptive release start and end dates.
- Navigate between pages. By default, the page shows 25 items.
- Click the date or edit icon to edit any of the dates for an item.
Items Supported by Date Management
All items with dates are supported by date management, including:
- Content, such as items, files, and audio.
- Assessments, such as tests, surveys, and assignments.
- Tools, such as discussions, blogs, journals, and announcements.
- Manual grade columns.
- Course and organization tasks.
The task due dates are moved during the bulk move process, and they do appear in the review and edit dates screen. Date management does NOT support editing of due dates for tasks from the review and edit dates screen.
Publisher content is shown on the Date Management Review page. You cannot adjust the dates of publisher content with date management.