When you are first notified that your course has been created, it is unavailable to students. This is to keep students from accessing your course and the course content before you are ready to make that content available to them. This tutorial will teach you how to make your course available to your students.
Making Your Course Available
- If your course is unavailable, it will say ‘not currently available’ next to the title of your course on the Course List module under the Courses tab, and ‘Course is unavailable to students’ inside the course above the course title.
- Click on the title of the course.
- Under the Control Panel, click on Customization.
- Select Properties.
- Under Properties, scroll down to Section 2: Set Availability, and select the Yes radio button next to ‘Make Course Available’.
- Click Submit.
PLEASE NOTE: This can only be done in a content area such as Course Documents or Syllabus. The option does not appear in Announcements, Faculty Information, or any other Course Tool.
- Navigate to any Content Area, such as Course Documents or Syllabus.
- Locate the Lock Switch icon in the top right corner, between Edit Mode and the Course Theme icons.
- Toggle the Lock Switch to ‘locked’ or ‘unlocked’ to make the course available or unavailable.