How do I copy content from an old course into a new one?
- Access the course you want to copy from.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and click Course Copy.
- In the Destination Course ID box, use the Browse button to find the course you would like to copy the materials into.
- Select the course materials that you want to copy over, or click Select All to copy all course content and materials.
- In the File Attachments section, select the option to copy links to:
- Copy Links to Course Files: No copies of linked files are included in the copy. The copied course will have the same set of links and those links will point back to the original location of the link defined in the original course.
- Copy links and copies of the content: This will make copies of linked files, but ONLY those files that are linked. Files within the course’s home folder that are not linked to any content within the course are not included in the copy. Most users will choose this option.
- Copy links and copies of the content (include entire course home folder): This will make copies of ALL files in the course’s home folder regardless of whether those files are linked to course content. This is the selection to use if you have Captivate, Articulate, SCORM or other programattic content in your course.You need manage permission on an item to include copies of those files. If you do not have this permission, you may be missing some files after the copy.
- Click Submit.
Fore more information, see the Instructor Course Copy article.